FRAM Ultra Synthetic™
Have a new engine or trying to provide maximum protection for an older one? Ultra Synthetic provides top performance. Engineered to be paired with synthetic oil, it offers protection up to 20,000 miles and 99%+ filtration efficiency.†
Drivers looking for top performance from newer engines and maximum protection for older vehicles will find Ultra Synthetic to be the ideal filter at the perfect price. Engineered for full synthetic motor oil, the Ultra Synthetic oil filter has the ultimate dual-layer synthetic media which provides up to 20,000 miles of engine protection.1
- A 2-ply synthetic, metal screen reinforced media provides 99%+ filtration efficiency.†
- Traps and holds more than double the dirt of typical retail brand oil filters.*
- Ultra Synthetic is the best filter for consumers looking to get the most out of their investment in full synthetic oil.
- Engineered for use with full synthetic motor oil.
- Drivers looking for top performance from newer engines and maximum protection for older vehicles will find FRAM® Ultra Synthetic to be the perfect filter at the perfect price.
- It has an internally lubricated sealing gasket for easier filter removal.
- Start-up engine protection is delivered through a silicone anti-drainback valve with up to 3X the hot oil resistance.**
- A rigid metal screen support offers outstanding pressure resistance and flow spacing.
- It has a precision coil spring with a glass fiber reinforced nylon poppet relief valve.
- SureGrip® no-slip finish provides a nonslip surface for easier installation and removal.
- Use proper protective gear. Used motor oil should not come in contact with bare skin. Engine oil may be hot.
- Place a drain pan under the oil filter and unscrew oil filter.
- Clean mounting base, making sure the O-ring from the old filter is not stuck to the filter mount.
- Apply film of clean oil to filter gasket. Do not use grease.
- Screw new filter on until gasket reaches base contact. Then tighten according to instructions on filter using tightening guide markers.
- Check owner’s manual for correct oil specification, viscosity and amount.
- Add oil to “full” on dipstick. Idle engine for 5 minutes and check for leaks.
- Shut off engine and recheck oil level after 5 minutes and top off as necessary.
†Fram Group testing of average filter efficiency of PH8A, 3387A, and 4967 or equivalent FRAM TG or EG models under ISO 4548-12 for particles greater than 20 microns
*Fram Group mulitpass testing of representative sampling of average filter capacity of comparable competitive retail products based on ISO4548-12 for XG8A and XG3387A.
**Compared to nitrile
ꝉNot all features are available on every part number in the product line. Check the package for specific features of individual filters.